This is for emergency use only by persons properly trained in
CPR and in the use of this device.
This CPR mouth barrier provides protection for both rescuers and patients. The built-in one-way valve provides the minimum air flow resistance, so more air gets to the patient. The valve has zero back flow, with an instant shutoff in reverse direction, so the rescuer doesn't get the patient's exhausted air or vomit in their mouth. It is clear so the rescuer can see the victim's mouth. Size 7" x 7" with 1.5" breathing tube.
- Determine whether the victim is in need of CPR.
- Tilt the victim's head back and lift the chin to allow for air passage.
- Place long tube of the barrier into victim's mouth on top of tongue facing the "This Side Up" sign toward rescuer.
- Hold sides of mouth barrier down against victim's face to help form a seal.
- Hold victim's nose closed with fingers.
- Begin performing CPR, making sure that rescuer's mouth is securely positioned over victim's mouth. Watch for vomiting which may obstruct air passage.
- Dispose of the barrier after use. DO NOT reuse.
- DO NOT use if package has been opened or damaged.
- This barrier is not for use with infants.
- This barrier provides protection to the rescuer from the victim's oral secretions, but does not guarantee complete protection against transmission of disease to the rescuer.
Stock #HP58017 ................ Click here for prices or to order.
Similar and related items:
RespAide CPR Isolation Mask
CPR PTP Valve-Mask
Other BSI items: gloves, glasses
[* Order Info]
[B&A Products.com] [BA-Industrial.com] [BA-Electronics.com]
Use the BACK button on your browser to return.
c/o B&A Products
700 East Shawntel Smith Blvd.
P.O. Box 1376
Muldrow, OK 74948-1376
Phone 918-427-3600--Fax 918-427-3214
Original date: Jan 29, 2001
Last updated: February 22, 2004
© Copyright 2001-2004